Antique jewelry shows have something of a special reputation for being an exciting place to go to see beautiful and unique objects, many of which are the actual antiques themselves! For anyone who is thinking about purchasing some sort of antique jewelry or other antique item, attending an antique jewelry show can be an eye-opening experience that can lead to a long-lasting love of the hobby and a good source of income. However, it’s important to remember that not all antique jewelry shows will have a showroom featuring all of the most popular and beautiful pieces. Even the largest and most respected antique jewelry and collectibles stores won’t be able to feature every item they have in their inventory. That’s why it’s important to understand what type of antique jewelry show you want to attend and how you can find one near you. Here are some tips to help you find the right show for you:
– There are many antique dealers in all areas of the country. Most antique jewelry shows will be held in hotels or convention centers, usually in one or more large room set up as the isles of many tiny stalls. Each small booth or stall is an independent business; these are usually independent stores and you must consider them separate from the other dealers and vendors that are also displaying items at the show. If you want to be sure you’re getting authentic antique jewelry, it’s important to focus your search for a show on one or more cities or states.
– There are often special events held aside from traditional antique jewelry shows. For example, there are various Easter gatherings where collectors and dealers gather to discuss the latest findings in this popular area of collecting and restorer of old and period pieces. Other events include national retailers meetings and expositions. These kinds of dealers and collectors’ events often have a much larger space and are easier to reach by car if needed. Make sure you’re not missing out on any of these fun events.
Finding Antique Jewelry Show
– It’s wise to keep an eye out for local, regional, and national antique jewelry shows. Some times there are only a few dealers and collectors at an event, while others have dozens of dealers and collectors attending each show. The more dealers and collectors you find attending, the better chance you’ll have at a good buy on a great piece. Check online antique jewelry dealers and collectors’ Web sites regularly to stay on top of your auctions, watch for auctions in your area, and be prepared to bid on many pieces.
– Check out local dealer antique shows, but don’t become too involved. While you might meet some of the dealers at the show, that doesn’t mean you have anything in common. The goal of many antique shows is to connect future buyers with past buyers, so you’ll do well if you don’t participate in the bidding at auctions. It will also help you make connections with other collectors. It may also spark your own interest in purchasing something new to add to your own collection.
– Attend a New York antique watch show. There are dozens of shows in the New York area, and it never hurts to check them out. If you like the look and feel of a jewelry booth, then a New York antique watch show could be just the ticket for you. You can see how different the styles of timepieces are, and perhaps even come across an individual who has an amazing watch you’d like to bid on.
These are just a few ideas for finding the right antique jewelry show for you and your lifestyle. The next best thing is to plan a weekend trip and spend a day at each location to really get to know the city and the dealers. When you return home, you’ll have a better understanding of what to expect from a New York antique jewelry show and what you’re willing to spend.