A bead is a small ornament or jewel with a hole in the middle, which can be strung onto a necklace or bracelet. You can make your own jewellery by stringing coloured beads on a long string.
Types of bead necklaces
- Gemstone beads- Uses precious and semi-precious stones to make exquisite handmade jewellery, using natural gemstones in many beautiful shapes and sizes.
- Metal beads- Metal beads are very suitable for modern design. Choose various shapes and textures of 925 sterling silver, gold, and gold-plated beads.
- Fully perforated bead- Fully perforated beads are perforated to the centre.
- Semi-perforated beads- Semi-perforated beads perforated to the centre point, generally used for pearls and beads attached to earrings.
All about beads
One of the most amazing things about buying beaded necklaces is the options available now. The beads are usually made of plastic or some type of acrylic and can be very small, the smallest are called seed beads, or very large.
They can also be materials such as metal or wood, gems and crystals, and have a variety of shapes. Beads have been used to make jewellery for more than 3,500 years, and necklaces have even been used in various ceremonies around the world.
Of course, the main advantage of choosing a necklace made of beads is that regardless of your personal tastes and preferences, you can easily find what you like, because bead necklaces offer something for everyone.
Types of beads
- Fire polish- These Fire polish pearls are great value for money. These pearls are manufactured in the Czech Republic and are machined and fired to give them extra shine. These beads are a form of pressed glass beads produced at high temperatures. These exquisite faceted pearls are available in a variety of sizes.
- Natural pearls and shells- Natural pearls can be seawater or freshwater pearl cultured pearls. Natural pearls are usually pink, peach, or fuchsia, while white pearls are usually white or cream. You can also use glass beads to mimic the appearance of the beads while maintaining the consistency of size, colour, shape, and finish.
- Wooden Beads- Wooden Beads are very common and a great addition to your design. Use our excellent precise wood beads series to add an earthy touch to your beading creations. They are very suitable for making lace designs and yoga style necklaces.
- Ceramic Beads- Ceramic Beads are a great addition to your jewellery. They are unique and no bead is the same as other beads. Colours, sizes, and finishes may be different from each other, making them popular with jewellers.
In many cultures, past and present, jewellery is believed to scare away evil souls. A good example is the Egyptian Ankh. In some cultures in Africa, men wear earrings to show power, masculinity, status, and bravery. In addition, men wear jewellery, including chains and earrings, which is still very new in many cultures and is now considered completely acceptable globally.